1.3.11

London Fashion Weekend


This time last week I was sitting third row at London Fashion Weekend. I thought that I was early enough to bag front row just for the experience but it still did not take away from the amazing time I had. There were  lots to admire from various designers in multiple 'designer shopping' rooms occupying the majority of Somerset House but since I love catwalk shows lets get back to that. Okay, so I think this was the second catwalk show that I have been to and the excitement never gets old. Although slightly overwhelmed with all the camera flashes and a bit of struggle with my 14mp Cybershot, I managed to capture some of the outstanding pieces. The first designer 'Bora Aksu' encapsulated a variety of detail and patterns on opaque and chiffon materials. The use of grey, silver and metallic colours accompanied by a red colour pop on the radiant models lips gave the pieces an interesting vibe. Lots of pleats and ruffles added playfulness to the collection and the peek of skin evoked utter sexiness.


 

 


























The second designer 'Lady Brights' exhibited a collection highly influenced by the 60's era and one of this seasons main trends; colour blocking. It really felt like summer at Somerset House throughout the display of this collection. The array of beautiful neon yellows, oranges, greens, blues, purples and pinks brought a 6o's housewife feel.
The final designer to show their collection was Mark Fast with his extravagant fringing and hints of sparkle. He also added his own colour blocking flare. I just love how male designers can make a women stand out but without loosing subtlety.





Can't wait to see what next year has in store for us!

No comments: